At Mescher Home Inspections, we provide a thorough, un-biased evaluation of the condition of your home on the day of the inspection.
- Inspections typically last from 1 1/2 to 2 hours depending on the size and condition of the home.
- You are encouraged to be present during the inspection and may walk along and ask questions as the inspection is taking place.
- An electronic report containing findings and recommendations will be emailed to you on the day of your inspection. All reports contain photographs taken during the inspection.
- Our goal is to leave the home in the same or better condition as it was found.
- A continuous radon test can be conducted at the home for an additional fee.
- Weather can interfere with our ability to inspect certain common items. Should this occur, we will work with you to make arrangements to return to the home once conditions are normal to complete the inspection.
- Pricing varies according to the size and location of the home being inspected. Please call our office to obtain a quote at (515) 289-4100.
- Inspection fees can be paid by credit card, check or cash. Credit cards accepted include Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
During your inspection, we will be looking for fire, health and safety issues, along with anything that would be a major expense ($500 or greater) to either repair or replace. In addition, the inspector will be noting items that don’t fall under the categories above but are more of a maintenance item (example is normal wear and tear). Please note: we do not perform code compliant inspections. What was code when the home was built is different from code today. Additionally, the seller is not required to bring the home to code in order to sell it.